নবীন আলোর পরশে প্রাণে খুশির লহরী সহসা ।
নববর্ষের উজ্জ্বলতায় দূর হয়ে যাক তমসা ।
শুভ নববর্ষ ।
Greetings of the season, from all of us on behalf of Kallol, India Bengali Association in the Netherlands on the upcoming occasion of Poila Boishakh (Bengali New Year 1422). Wednesday the 15th April, to ensure we all can effectively participate in large numbers, we have planned to come together and celebrate this joyous occasion on Saturday, 18th April, 2015. Please lock this date in your diaries and send us your confirmations.
The venue is the same as some of our recent successful events at:
Wijkcentrum 't Open Hof
Burgemeester Haspelslaan 129
1181 NC Amstelveen
Please see below for programme details and timings. Apart from khawa-dawa (Delicious food tradition) & adda (Glorious chat session), this year Kallol is putting together a cultural programme which will definitely make you proud to be part of this organization.
- Kallol kids present : মনের ভাষা, মাতৃভাষা
একটু নাটক, একটু ছড়া,
আমাদেরকে জড়ো করা |
একটু কঠিন একটু সোজা,
অনেক কাজ তবে অনেক মজা|
কখনো বা বুঝি না মানে,
হাসছি কেন কেউ কি জানে?
তবে একটু মোদের বুঝিয়ে দিলে
হাসি তখন সবাই মিলে ।
মনে মনে বাড়ছে টান ,
আবোল তাবোল-এর অবদান।
দূর বিদেশে থেকেও মোরা ,
বাঁচিয়ে রাখব মোদের গোড়া ,
পুরনো নতুন মিলে মিশে
সুন্দর দুনিয়া গড়ব শেষে ,
বিলোবো খুশী , ছড়াবো হাসি
আমরা global ভারতবাসী ।।
- "Natok Boteshwarer Obodaan"
Boteshwar Sikdar is a famous novelist whose novel “Ke thake ke jay” is being published in a famous Bengali monthly magazine called Progamini. His story revolves around two heroines and there is a lot of debate amongst his readers as to what will be the fate of these two heroines. How has Boteshwar conceived the climax, a tragedy or a happy ending? Whatever Boteshwar might have thought, how does he finally finish the story and why? This poila boishak, Kallol and Nahobot jointly presents natok “Boteshwarer Obodaan”, based on a short story by master storyteller Porshuram and a telefilm by Sandip Ray.
- Tambola What is a day of fun without winning some lucky prizes? ;-)
We look forward to seeing you all on 18th April. Your active participation is needed to make the upcoming event a grand success.
Kindly confirm your attendance as soon as possible via email to Kallol. Your timely confirmation will allow us to make necessary logistical arrangements for a smooth and enjoyable event.
So on that happy note, here’s wishing you and your family a very happy start to the Bengali New Year. May God Almighty bestow upon all peace, good health and happiness.
- 12:30 –
- Hall Open
- 12:30 – 13:00
- Welcome & Adda
- 13:15 – 15:00
- 15:00 – 15:15
- President's Speech
- 15:30 - 17:00
- Cultural programmes
- 17:00 – 17:30
- 17:30 – 18:00
Adult (members) : € 15,00 per person
Adult (non-members and Guests) : € 25,00 per person
Children (7 -12 years) : € 10,00 per person
Children < 7 : free
- Membership of KALLOL is open to all those supporting its aims irrespective of nationality, ethnicity, race or religion. The members shall uphold the constitution and by-laws of KALLOL.
- Types of Membership (for the purpose of fees and subscriptions): KALLOL will offer the following types of membership fee structures:
- Family Membership: family membership shall include husband, wife, unmarried children and live-in parents.
- Individual membership: Any person who is 16 years or older.
Family Membership: 50 Euro per annum
Individual Membership: 25 Euro per annum
Membership fees will be payable annually according to Bengali Calendar.
A member will pay discounted contribution rates for the events organized by KALLOL. A member in good standing shall be entitled to receive all publications and membership mailings, vote and participate in all general organizational activities and events. For family members, all members of the family over the age of 16 will enjoy the same rights and privileges.
- Those desirous of becoming member must apply for membership formally and agree to actively support the aims and principles of KALLOL.
- Some familiarity with the Bengali language (Bangla), and culture, is desirable, but not necessary.
- All membership applications will be reviewed by the Board or a sub-committee (to whom the Board expressly delegates the responsibility) and those found suitable will be formally accepted as members.
- The Board will have the right to decline any application for membership without assigning any reason and its decision will be final.
- Those wishing to become new members should fill in the membership application form and send it to us or bring it with them on the 18th April, 2015.